1. misusing God's name through our speech :
Names are not just a string of letters. However, its a noun that is used to describe/represent a person's character. Even way back in the old testament, name links directly to the person. A name of a person can weigh in various weight as positions like Government have authority. (YAHWEH) was not fully spelled back then in the old Testaments as the Christens felt that God holds a high position above them that they spelled it without the vowels (YHWH). This was a intimate name with God. HOWEVER, these days, God's name is treated in a careless manner. We replaces God, this words with words of expression like 'wow',as though God's name was a cool word or just another word that is found in the dictionary. Phrases like ' Oh My God' is so commonly heard in almost everywhere. Must be aware of what you speak.
2. misusing God's name through our actions :
Simple actions such as cheating in tests or lying is considered as misusing God's name. Why is that so? That is because as God's people, we carry God's reputation. People judge Christians in their every move and is every ready to condemn their actions is of worthiness to their religion. Its so unfair. Why only Christians? How about Malays? or the other races? Think before you act as every action you make may affects not only you, but also God's reputation.
3. misusing God's name by worshipping him in the wrong way.
Firstly, we may appear in church in a physical form, however, our mind trails away with thoughts not is not appeal to God during service ; we are distracted and busy with everyday life and happenings, to an extent that we sacrificed our time with God . This is unforgivable! Secondly, our lips does not agree with our heart. We follow the crowd whenever we worship God. An example is the reply of Amen. Do we really agree with every words said about Christ and heartily answered -Amen? Thirdly, do we just worship God on every weekends only? There's no such thing like OFF-DUTY CHRISTIANS!! Having a relationship with God is an ongoing process that builds up everyday.
A meaningful sermon yes? As for in cell group, Clare was the game master today!! yay~ I was so excited! Its was a game similar to the amazing race the week before, however, its within the classroom. Very engaging. AWESOME!! I joined the 4o days book discussion today. I think the book is very meaningful judging from what Winnie said. Anyway, I because Christian as I 'crossed over today'. I kept singing the tune 'we are family' in my head ! I was happy being accept. One of the reason that i praise God was because God gave me a family who accepts me.
The day ended after we ate our dinner at Beauty World mall hawker centre and bid farewell. I will be starting discipleship these Wednesday with Lynn, Fervour's Shepard and Clare. I am still lost about what is it about. I shall wait and see.